Saturday, August 9, 2014

WHOSE SECRET SERVICE?

Recently an item in a published paper mentioned Secret Service agents following Bill Clinton around and trying to conceal some of his "social" events.  I paused for a moment and pondered that item for a time??????? 
Slick Willy has not been our president, let's see, for almost 15 years and the tax payer is still paying for his protection?  I wonder why?
Then, I thought, if that is the case, are we also paying for that SS protection for both Bush's and Carter too?  What a waste of manpower and money.  My mother was a devoted Democrat all her life and in 1984, at the age of 81, voted for Ronald Reagan.  Her reason?  "We cannot afford another ex-president".  A wise and frugal woman my mother.
In spite of what she said, who can believe the Clintons left the White House broke.  Both had book advances to tide them over until they could get on the speaking circuit.  So if they need protection I believe that they should buy it for themselves and stop sucking on the public tit!
Having said that for the Clintons I will be non-partisan and apply the same rule to all former presidents.  For my way of thinking they can, if they feel threatened, buy security themselves.  After all the people pay them a very substantial pension from which they can find the funds for a body guard.  And, though I don't see why, each of them commands a very good fee for saying a few words in a public setting about almost any subject. 
My final thought on the subject; each might think about a trip to Gun-Site and come away with the expertise and ability to protect themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment