Sunday, August 17, 2014

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender veterans memorial?

Yes, you read that correctly.  The final design for such a memorial has been finalized.  I respect the contribution these folks made to our war effort.  Many of them served with honor and some lost their lives in the effort.  And, they were treated just like all the rest of those who served with honor and who lost their lives in the effort.
Now we are seeing great expenditure of time and money to make their contribution, somehow, more valuable than all the other millions who fought and died.  Why do they want to be treated just like every one else (so they say) while at the same time declaring that they are deserving of more attention and praise for what they have done?  And they represent less than 2% of the population although they would like you believe a much higher figure.
I will admit that I am of the old school.  My war was the Korean "Police Action" and forces were mostly made up of draftees.  Did I know anyone who was gay?  I was a Corpsman so did I know any lesbian nurses?  Did any of my barracks mates go on Liberty in heels?  Was there a woman inside any of the swab-jockeys I ran with?  The answer to all these questions was......how would I know?  It was not an issue.  But today the goal of this crowd seems to be one of advertisement.  Make sure that the media is full of news of Gay celebrations, parades and open display of the naked body that would land most of us in jail, etc.
Now back to the issue at hand.  Why another memorial?  Are they not happy to be included in the Nam Memorial, the Korean greater than life Squad Memorial, Iwo Jima, WWII, Nurses, and on and on?
Those who are in charge have lost their collective minds!
Medicineman

No comments:

Post a Comment