Monday, December 7, 2015

Fantastic Journey!

Having just returned from Bangkok, Thailand I can speak to the amount of security in the Airports in the middle and far East.
On the return trip from Bangkok I quickly learned to hold my Passport in my hand, as I had to show it every time I changed from one line to another.  But when I think seriously about it I am glad for them to be so cautious on those flights coming our way.
The reason I was in Bangkok was to attend the wedding of a young man who came to our neighborhood as an exchange student some twenty years ago.  We were friends then and remained in touch all the ensuing years, thus the invitation.  I was treated as one of the family and pampered as a valuable possession.
Thailand is a country of about 65 million with 10 million of them in the city of Bangkok.  Once known as Siam it is a mixture of many cultures, Indian, Chinese, Laos, Cambodia and others.  95% Buddhist and 5% Christian.  Bangkok has been spoken of as the "Venice of the East" because of the many canals joining the Chao Phreya river which runs to the Gulf of Thailand.
I can now take this trip off my "Bucket List" and, at age 86, I am still in  wonder at my good fortune to have done such a thing....Mediicineman!

No comments:

Post a Comment